Backwater's full menu is available at the links below, but here are a few notes about our food;
- We have a number of original creations that you won't find anywhere else such as our Butter Blackened New York Strip ($21.95). This has become our top seller since the Chef created it several years ago.
- We are known for our Jumbo shrimp served a number of ways. Most other restaurants use smaller shrimp.
- Our most popular appetizer is our Bacon Wrapped Scallops ($11) followed closely by The Little Steamer which is suitable for two people and includes shrimp, clams and mussels with a butter sauce on a bed of rice.
- Fresh fish are offer daily from local fishermen and include hog snapper, triple tail, mangrove snapper and many other delicacies.
- Don't forget about our 10th Anniversary Bistro Burger – a special creation that includes a half pound 100% beef patty, Swiss cheese, bacon, blue cheese and topped with skinny deep fried onion rings, lettuce and tomato. This is an experience, not just a burger.
Backwaters is an island bistro catering to the local population, but we welcome travelers. The locals always make you feel at home. Just ask them about our food!
View Our Menus
Backwaters on Sand Key
1261 Gulf Blvd.
Clearwater, FL 33767
Across the street from the Sheraton and next to the Marriott on the Boardwalk.
Hours: 11:30 AM to 11 Daily
11:30 to Midnight, Fridays and Saturdays
Call for reservations: (727) 517-7383
View Directions and Map
Stay In Touch
Join our e-Club for event schedules, newsletter and FREE dinner on your birthday*. Watch for special offers and notifications of fresh fish specials from local fishermen.
*Allow 5-7 days to get into mailing database.
Newsletter SignupNewsletter Signup
Gift Cards Available
Get a Backwater's gift card and use it at three restaurants!
Get A Gift Card